When weight loss is the goal, many of us turn to diet pills to help to achieve the results we want with greater speed, ease and/or a healthier strategy. That said, choosing the right product can be a daunting process.
That’s why our team – composed of nutrition experts, personal trainers and weight loss bloggers – has come together to review and rank many of the top diet pills currently available. After all, claims made on the internet can’t necessarily be taken at face value. There are far too many products, formulas, ingredients and companies to consider. While some are incredible and helpful, others contained banned ingredients or are known to be fakes.
Therefore, we have come up with a system to rank the products you’re most likely to consider. This will help you to know exactly where they stand when compared to other popular options.
How is the Rank Calculated?
We have 3 different categories for calculating a product’s rank, based on a scale of 10 points. These include ingredient safety, formula effectiveness, and overall user reviews.
At the start of our reviewing, every product is assigned 10 out of 10 possible points. From there, deductions are made for the following reasons:
- Ingredient safety – For every possibly unsafe ingredient, 2 points are deducted. For every banned ingredient, 4 points are deducted. (Maximum deduction not to exceed 8 points)
- Formula effectiveness – For every ingredient that has not been subject to reputable clinical study, 2 points are deducted. For every ingredient that has been proven ineffective, 3 points are deducted. (Maximum deduction not to exceed 9 points)
- Overall User Reviews – For an average user rating of 3 (out of 5) stars, 2 points are deducted. For an average user rating of 2 stars, 3 points are deducted. For an average user rating of 1 star, 4 points are deducted. (Maximum deduction not to exceed 9 points)
After the deductions are complete, additions are considered:
- Ingredient safety – If an ingredient has been studied and proven safe, regardless of weight loss benefit, .1 of a point is added, up to a maximum of 1 point.
- Formula effectiveness – For every ingredient for which a reputable clinical study has indicated potential weight loss benefits, .2 of a point is added, up to a maximum of 1 point. For every ingredient for which a body of reputable research has clinically proven weight loss benefits, .3 of a point is added, up to a maximum of 1 point.
- Overall User Reviews – 1 point is added for an overall rating of 4 stars or more (out of 5) from users who have tried and reviewed the product online.
What Does the Rank Mean?
Based on the points calculations, the diet pill rankings work out as follows:
8 or more is considered EXCELLENT
7-7.9 is considered GOOD
6-6.9 is considered BELOW AVERAGE
5.9 and below is considered UNACCEPTABLE
Keeping Up to Date
Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is a lifelong process. For that reason, our teams will release a fresh diet pills ranking every year. Make sure to check back for the latest updates on an annual basis.