• Clinically researched ingredient
• 67-day money-back guarantee offered
• Company is reachable by phone, email or mail
• Only two active ingredients
• One of the active ingredients
• Unsubstantiated claims on official website
• Dubious research published on official website
Garcinia Cambogia Extra
Garcinia Cambogia Extra is an over the counter supplement marketed as a fat burner product. It claims to help a dieter to recreate their body including “tighter abs,” a “firmer bum” and “thinner legs.”
Why Take Garcinia Cambogia Extra?
The company behind this product, Wolfson Berg, Limited makes a spectrum of claims about this product. Primarily, it promises to dieters that these pills will “melt” away unwanted fat and inches from the body. It does not explain how this happens aside from saying that the ingredients are “scientifically proven” to burn fat.
It calls its primary ingredient, garcinia cambogia, a “miracle fat burner” and shows a graph on the site that suggests some kind of study comparing weight loss with or without the use of this ingredient. At no point does it mention the source of that graph. It states that “doctors say their studies showed an increase in weight loss 2 to 3 times more” than those not taking the ingredient. Again, none of those studies were cited. This suggests that the research to which the company refers may not be reputable as companies are typically proud to share published studies supporting their products and ingredients.
Garcinia Cambogia Extra Ingredients
The Garcinia Cambogia Extra formula is made of two ingredients: garcinia cambogia extract (1,000 mg per serving) and raspberry ketone (200 mg per serving). Non-active ingredients include: Hypromellose shell (capsule shell), rice flour, magnesium stearate from vegetable origin. These ingredients are vegetarian-friendly.
Each bottle contains 30 capsules. Each capsule contains 1 serving which must be taken twice per day, 30 minutes ahead of meals (with a large glass of water) according to the package directions. This indicates that every bottle contains 15 days’ worth of the product. The product’s official website sells Garcinia Cambogia Extra for $59.95 per bottle. This means that a month’s supply would cost $119.90. This product is made and manufactured in Cyrpus.
Although both ingredients have undergone some clinical research – particularly the garcinia cambogia – these ingredients are not, as Wolfson Berg suggests, scientifically proven to burn fat to the point that it “melts” off the body.
While garcinia cambogia and raspberry ketone are typically considered to be safe for the majority of healthy adults, no ingredient is appropriate for all dieters. It is highly recommended that anyone considering the use of this product first speak to a licensed doctor. This product is not intended for use by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Garcinia cambogia is known to worsen the symptoms of bipolar disorder and should not be used by individuals with that condition. Garcinia cambogia may also be harmful to the liver and may worsen liver damage among individuals who already have liver disease. It should not be used by individuals with liver disease. These ingredients may not combine well with certain foods, beverages or medications.
Final Garcinia Cambogia Extra Ranking Calculations
The following is the breakdown of how we ranked Garcinia Cambogia Extra. For more information about our ranking system, visit our page about How We Decide on the Best Diet Pill Rankings.
Garcinia Cambogia Total Score 6.4/10
• Possibly Unsafe Ingredients: 4 points were deducted for two possibly unsafe ingredient, as WebMD states there is inadequate study to suggest whether or not raspberry ketones are safe to use in supplement form. Moreover, WebMD states that garcinia cambogia is possibly unsafe when taken orally as there is a possible – though not yet conclusive – link with liver problems.
• Banned Ingredients: No deductions.
• Ingredients studied and proven safe: No points added.
• Ingredients not studied in reputable clinical research: No deductions.
• Ingredients proven ineffective: No deductions
• Ingredients shown in reputable studies to be potentially beneficial to weight loss: +0.4 points added for 2 ingredients. According to WebMD, Rasberry Ketone may be beneficial to dieters when combined with Vitamin C, though it is unclear whether or not it is helpful on its own. That same source said that garcinia cambogia is supported by some studies which show a slight benefit while others show no benefit at all.
• Ingredients clinically proven for weight loss in reputable research: No points added.
Overall User Reviews
• Average user rating: No points added (at the time of this review, no independent customer feedback could be located)